PLEASE HELP THIS computer idiot

ArtestJatt

Solid State Member
First let me give you a background on my computer, 128mb of dram, 1.5 ghz, 37 gb memory on hard drive. Yeah it might suck, but I'm not that computer nerdy.

Anyways, I installed xp on my system about 2 years ago, the computer is 4 years ago, and this January I had to reformat it because of a virus, then I did not reformat until late april. And since then, I've probably reformatted once every 2 weeks, and now, every week.

Why do I reformat? Because I get the blue screen of death. That says “beginning physical dump of memory” and then eventually my xp becomes jacked up and my os wont load so I have to reformat.

It has gotten worse, now when I reformat, if I select ntfs file system, quick or regular after I delete the partition, while setup is copying files, I get the “blue screen of death of beginning physical dump of memory.” And if it passes the formatting, and goes to 2nd level installation, I eventually get another screen of death. Eventually, after 5 or 6 tries, xp will correctly install. And then after 3-4 days it will crash again.

Is it my hard drive, it is my memory? Could it be my xp pro cd?

Please help!!

you may have a physical memory problems or one of your programs is triggering this. Since you are having problems even installing Windows, it may very well be memory. See if you can find someone with extra memory or borrow one from someone's PC to test in yours to see if that will fix it. Just make sure you run at the right speed with your motherboard. 128MB is ok for WIndows XP so I don't think there is a problem with size of memory there. Physically, i'm thinking memory problems. Lets see what others say.

Yur memory is fine. But personnelly the mins hould be 256 idle 512. 512 is about 63 bucks on newegg. 256 is 30.00. If you going upgrade. But yea i'l agree with Corolla

Let me guess. The problem started after you installed the fry's memory. They sell really cheap crap memory as opposed to crucial, etc.

no i just bought the ram memory, consair 512 ddram. i'll see how it helps when i go home. could this be a harddrive or motherboard problem?

Going with 512MB is smart. 128MB running WinXp just doesnt work. You can do it, but it will run S..L..O..W..L..Y. 256 is better, but 512 is the best on a budget for RAM.

Back
Top Bottom