X700PRO vs 6600GT for HalfLife2

BigLu

Daemon Poster
I have seen many benchmarks, and i still cannot decide which card to get. I want to be able to play HL2 maxed out at smooth frame rates, also, Call Of Duty, and also new games in the future. I have heard that the X700 plays HL2 better, so i was wondering if it was really worth the extra money to get the 6600GT. Oh, I am looking at the PCI-Express X16 versions.

Are you getting a new motherboard too. if not you have to go with what your MOBO supports. if it's an older MOBO it might not support a PCI-Ex16 card. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i belive that Nvidia runs better for HL2 and i'm sure that ATI cards run Doom 3 better. I have a 6600gt and it's worth every penny.

DUDe.... the 6600gt would pwn the x700. I'm on par with the 6600 and I have an x800... totally 6600.

I am buying a totally new system, yes the mobo does support PCI-Express X16, my old computer in my sig, died. So i am forced to buy all new parts. I was just wondering if anyone had the 6600GT and how it performs on HL2. I am getting an Athlon64 32300+ venice, and a chaintech mobo with nforce 4 ultra chipset.

I play HL2 with mine and it's runs everything on high with no lag , even big outside maps.

Yeah, get the 6600gt. I can play it at highest settings... you'll play it fine too. If you get it overclocked too... you'll have even higher performances... but that's just me.

alright, sounds good to me, i can't afford to upgrade my ram tho, it was the only thing that survived my computer melt down, 1 gig of PC-2700 won't slow down my game performance down too much will it?

Generally, the 6600 GT would own the X700. But, since Half-Life 2 is optimized to use ATI cards (like how Doom 3 was optimized to use nVIDIA cards), ATI will get a boost from it (although nVIDIA cards still fun Half-Life 2 perfectly fine).

Back
Top Bottom