Death Penalty For Hackers?

whats so bad about the death penalty, sure we dont want people to die, but they've commited bad crimes and deserve to die

Hmm ... if you ever look up the definition of 'hacker' in the dictionary, it would be referring to those skilled in the arts of the computer language or people who would like to push themselves in the academic region
The word 'hacker' is undeserved
By the way, just to add another point to this interesting topic, hackers actually keep us people safe on the internet, they test out security and fix them, catch people who are wrong doing and a whole lot of other stuff.
There are only a small amount of people who we called 'crackers' or 'black hats', in the hacking culture. ;)

I think necro has a point... They might trying to push this thing for computer geek ex-termination. Just another syndicate who wants to monopolize computer techs...

There is no way that would pass.........I mean come on death over a computer crime.

I agree what root said. The developers leaving exploitable code in there. Not writing patches asap as soon as an exploit is found (microsoft). Microsoft allowing raw sockets for NO REASON, allowing script kiddies to spoof their IP address, that once, only *nix systems could do. Software companies not caring how secure their code is just the profits they rake in...

America ships all their jobs over seas, the only thing America manufactures is rich CEOs.

Just think, if it wasn't for hackers we wouldn't be so paranoid over secuirty. If it wasn't for script kiddies we wouldn't stay up to date. If you really think about it they're providing us a service, for the greater good. Thank them for keeping us up to date. What would we do without them?

absolute garbage. It seems to be an excuse to create criminal acts going on in here. Almost all of you hack and send little viruses and spammer codes all the time to your friends...Your past posting gives you away.
So to protect your own so called little harmless acts you are willing to allow cimminals to exploit the world and cause havoc and even deaths let alone steal everything some person has worked his whole life for. I bet if you to the bank in the morning to find everything you and your momms'a and daddy's have is gone. and you are looking at poverty and shame because you are unable to feed your own family any more or house them all because of some little computer person was allowed to get away with it because all you let it be a non crime...You will think differently then

That is no different than some business person watching his business be destroyed by this or as others said that they dropped a script to read formulas backward in some hospital that killed your friend or relative simply because he went to get a flue shot and the hospital gave him something else because the computer said it was the right thing .

Sure there is insurance and the likes but why should a person have to pay half his earnings to insure against a theft that should be a crimminal act punishable strongly to at least be a type of deterent

Maybe we should all revert back to good ol' pen and paper and then we only have to worry about physically threatening virus and not computer ones, also we have totally abolished computer hacking

Well abandoning cyberculture is not an option at all, we all need them to operate in the scoiety we live in today
But both rewtguy and lurswithin have a point
I mean, the best hackers work for the government helping to catch other hackers, pedophiles, etc
Yet other hackers like the sasser worm creator who was charged just this week wreck havoc
I think its what they've done that they should be punished for
If its just a harmless bit of fun to a friend without causing any damage then let them off or give them a warning
But if it was something that caused loss of data and stock falling etc then, and only then, would people be considering serious actions against that person and lay charges

Back
Top Bottom