RAM Problem...

jwhedon

Beta member
I'm having some wierd problem with RAM on a computer I'm building...

I got a new (to me) Tekram S3Pro motherboard that I'm putting together a new box to use for recording.

For some reason no matter what 3 sticks of RAM I put in, it always only reads the one in the first spot.

^_^_^
| | | |
|1|2|3|
| | | |
\/ \/ \/

So even though at the moment I have 3 128mb sticks of RAM in the 3 slots, it only reads 128mb installed. Now every so often, I'll turn the computer on and it will act as though I have a RAM problem... just BEEP...BEEP...BEEP... but if I restart a few times... it goes away...

Is there anything anyone can think of???

Thanks for any help in advance...

Justin

Is your computer configured to work with all 3 rams at once? not just the first one?

Dyserq ~

I'm not sure... how would I figure this out?

Also... yesterday I had 3 128mb rams in... I got up today and started my computer... BEEP... BEEP... BEEP...

I switched all 3 from 3 to 2 to 1 then just #1 in 1 slot... #2 in 1 slot... #3 in 1 slot... you get the picture... finally I had to put in an old 64mb ram in and it's working...

~ Justin

Some motherboards don't like some manufacturer's product. This why you should always go with what the mobo manufacturer suggests for compatable ram .
I Have had similar issues with using Kingston True Value ram. Yet Kinston premium works OK. another issue here is that you may be trying to use ecc registered ram in a non ecc motherboard( or vice versa). This will cause similar actions. You need to read up on the specs in the mobo manual and then read the specs of the ram chips themselves to see if thy match.

Back
Top Bottom