Typing in other languages in Microsoft Word

Ochd

Baseband Member
Ever since 1998, I've mainly used Lotus as my word processor. Sometimes I need to use it to type out text in other languages, and Lotus made this easy, because in the list of fonts, there was "Times New Roman", "Times New Roman CE", "Times New Roman Cyr", "Times New Roman Tur", etc.

But Microsoft Word just has "Times New Roman". How do I access the characters that were available to me in the other fonts, and even other characters that are under Times New Roman in the character map?

Thanks for your help.

The fonts are on my computer, because I've been using them with Lotus. Is the problem that they have to be in the word directory?

I am not that familiar with lotus, Is it the same format as M$ word? If not then the fonts for one will not work for the other.

it's probably beter to install multi languae support for the OS than it is to try to get other fonts... that saves any reformattnig problems you might get later by accidentally bulk selecting the text...

also, if you put the fonts that you had when using Lotus into the windows\fonts folder then they will be accessible to all programs.

Hmmm... that's strange. They are in the fonts folder. Anyway, I've found a workable yet painstakingly slow way around it using Character Map, so that will have to do for now, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom