cant burn video/avi files onto disc

Topcat1

Beta member
I am having problems burning avi/video etc files to a dvd or cd
I can burn mp3 files/ music files onto disc.

When i try and burn avi/video files from hard drive to disc i get the microsoft error message that theres a problem. Ive tried various programmes such as nero, etc. ive recently copied a 30 min video from camcorder onto hard drive with no trouble and have done this using various programmes. the problem is when i tr and burn it to dvd. There error tends to happen whilst trancoding etc is going on in nero etc. it doesnt even get to the rcording on to disc phase.

Hope u can help

Computer spec

Win xp pro
3.2 processor
1 gig mem

I think you need to convert the avi/video to a dvd format such as NTSC or PAL, before it will successfully burn to a dvd. I forget ... I've been doing dvd to dvd burning lately, so it's been a while since I've converted avi/mpegs to dvd.

CrossCech said:
I think you need to convert the avi/video to a dvd format such as NTSC or PAL, before it will successfully burn to a dvd. I forget ... I've been doing dvd to dvd burning lately, so it's been a while since I've converted avi/mpegs to dvd.

Yes you need to convert the video files to the proper format so they can be rendered and burned to a disc. These are usually done through a video editing program.

reply to Cross Cech

Thanks for replying Cross cech.

I ve tried converting but i still get the same problem. It appears to happen when trying transcode/prepare a file just before burning it to disc.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom