Making a Computer

Untold_Legacy

Solid State Member
Im thinking of making my first computer, kinda nervous. I have picked out my motherboard, case, hard drive, graphics card, Memory system, Processor. This is my first time and im not exactly sure what i need. i also want to get some lights to put inside it too. any help would be appreciated. Thnx
Using this game for some mmorpg gaming. not trying to go too crazy. Might make Upgrades later, or make a whole different computer....if i can do this one that is..

Case- Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower

Hard Drive-Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JB 160GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100

Motherboard-DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

Graphics Card-ATI RADEON 9800PRO 128M Radeon 9800PRO 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X

Memory-System-Patriot 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit

Processor-AMD Sempron 2800+ Thoroughbred 333MHz FSB Socket A

Thats what i plan on gettin. Need to know what else. Thank You.

Some links would be nice.

One problem right of the bat is you have a socket 939 motherboard and a socket A CPU.

Not only is the CPU not compatible, the video card won't work either, you need a PCI-Express card. I would suggest an AMD 64 3000 or 3200 since those are still relatively cheap and maybe the 6600 GT which shouldn't be too much anymore either expecially now that the 7800 is out.

Ok so i need a different Video Card and i need a different motherboard or Processor, Which should i get?

do you want a gaming computer because you can save money and buy a motherboard with onboard graphics and leave it at that!

Check this website out:
http://www.ebuyer.com

I would have done a bit for research because i am bored i just need to know the max you would spend on the computer and where do you live UK or US?

I was planning on building one....but i dont know much about it
are u saying buy a gaming com then upgrading it?

no i was wondering what kind of a computer do you want so i can find you the parts, so you want a gaming computer no problem how much do you have to spend and what kind of games will you be using the computer for? (High Demanding Games?)

I just bought Guild Wars, its ok, might be Playing Everquest II but im not sure, ill have around 1.2k to spend, not much...keep in mind im only 15, summer job.

Back
Top Bottom