Private webserver Newbie

Shifty

Beta member
Hey there,
I want to start a webserver for hosting a website with photos so all my friends can view them on the internet. i have attempted to run server before but can't get going using apache.To be exact didn't now what i was doing. I have a conexant Hasbani router which is hard to get around. I really really need some help so can someone elad me in someway with a in depth tutorial or something.

Cheers!

I am sorry but i dont know what you need to do, although i will say one thing,
Welcome to computer forums.

If you want to host an internal web server behind your firewall you will need to set up port forwarding on your firewall. Forward ports 80(HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) to the internal ip address of the web server. I dont know apache so can't help you on that. There are probably easier ways of sharing photos amongst your friends. Maybe an FTP server. A free one called Cerberus FTP server is available online. All you will need to do with this is install the software, set up port forwarding of port 21(FTP) to your internal machine and set the 'shared files' up in the FTP software , create an FTP account through the software and allow download. Instructions can be found on their website

www.cerberusftp.com

Conexant router?

I've spent hours wrestling with mine, and if yours is anything similar I suggest you login to the router, usually by typing 10.0.0.2 into the Address Bar of Internet Explorer or Firefox, and authenticating (default user Admin, password conexant).

If necessary press Advanced Setup, and then Virtual Server on the left.

Enter 80 in the Public Port box;

and 80 in the Private Port;

Port Type TCP;

and then in the Host IP address the IP address of the computer running Apache, probably something like 10.0.0.x.

In the left bar, click Save Settings, and then Submit. Now try it.

I'll be happy to carry on helping by the way, if you don't get that just say and I'll make it easier.

Back
Top Bottom