History Of CF

The_Necromancer1

Daemon Poster
What is the history of CF, when was is created, who were the original members, why was it created? I am interested!

Yeah slayer and phranko has been here since the beginning.

I created it when after I first got into computers and had a gift certificate for a book store and I picked up a javascript book. I then got a free hosted site and made a few pages. Then for some reason I picked up a server and starting runing web server software on it. I always wanted a forum but my host at the time didn't allow any scripts, so I decided to load one onto my server which I did. The address at the time was the ip of the server. I then got hold of a yabb forum and after a month I bought a domain. I then tried vbulletin after a while and stuck with it and here we are today 3 years on.

i do have to give props to Slayer, other's know him as Rocker. He has been here from the beginning, that is a dedicated member.

I do have to say that this Forum tends to grow on you after a while.

David Lindon said:
Yeah slayer and phranko has been here since the beginning.

I created it when after I first got into computers and had a gift certificate for a book store and I picked up a javascript book. I then got a free hosted site and made a few pages. Then for some reason I picked up a server and starting runing web server software on it. I always wanted a forum but my host at the time didn't allow any scripts, so I decided to load one onto my server which I did. The address at the time was the ip of the server. I then got hold of a yabb forum and after a month I bought a domain. I then tried vbulletin after a while and stuck with it and here we are today 3 years on.

and thanks to you we have an excellent forum to visit

Yea. Well I know a guy who runs a game (aboout 400 actives) he says he has two full time jobs. One paying for the server, two dealign witht he poeple. I've always wanted a fourm. Never has been succesful.

Back
Top Bottom