Applying Thermal Paste

I know a lot about hwo to in thoery put a computer. BUt if you put me in fron tof a case with some parts I don't think i'd have a clue where to start. Maybe he had bought a $$$ computer online and then learnedthe inner workings. But I don't know how to apply thermal paste. I'll learn this week though or next week.

Well, I haven't built a computer before. I had a pretty good idea of how to do it but as most first computer builds I am nervous so I asked. Incase you didn't know thats what these forums are for.

Also, being a guru doesn't mean anything. We have had mods with what? Less than 100 Posts? As you can see I could be the smartest person on these forums (Which I'm not :() And Still have maybe 10 posts. Being a guru doesn't mean much. Just means you have posted on a forum over 1,000 times.

lurkswithin said:
read this on lapping and it might help you with heating problems a little further down the road
http://www.directron.com/hsflapping.html
after this has been done just apply a light dab evenly spred over the small contact area only. very simple. Then press the heatsink down on the chip and remove it. Look to see if it was applied too much and spred all over the chip. If it has then wipe off all the excess. Now mount the chip in the socket and them permanately install the heatsink. you are good to go.

i read that page and it sounds little extreme. most ppl don't really do that do they?

Back
Top Bottom