cant seem to get this driver

Amd64

Baseband Member
i got a toshiba satellite A45-s1202, and i cant seem to get the driver for the ethernet controller... i go to the manufacterurs website, and they have several drivers... i download the ones that have anything to do with networks and modems etc.. and non works.. can someone help please

Have you tried to get device manager to find it? if the computer you are trying to get the driver for isn't connected to the internet already you can't get device manager to find it.

well, i hooked up my 2wire usb up to it to get online temperaroly, and when i go to device manager, and update driver, it says couldnt find it.. then it says connec to the net, or no, and i pick yes, and it right away says it couldnt find it....

Pick no, then have it search the windows directory. Is the board nVidia based or does it use Marvell LAN or some other strange one?

are you using a usb connection to a SBC/yahoo broadband modem to get online. If so then you won't
find your lan connection untill it is being used.

well, i pluged in my sbc yahoo modem, only because i couldnt get the built in one to work, it says it dont have one, and i know it does.. and in the device manager, the only one in yellow is "ethernet controller" .. so i think that is the wireless card

thats it. Now highlight the ethernet controller card and hit properties and select to uninstall . It will prompt that you are going to remove it from your system and answer yes and let it remove itself. then reboot and on reboot let windows found new hardware wizard take over. when it selects to find the right drivers select from a list of known drivers. a window will pop up and on the left look for the name of the network card...you do know what it is? right. then a new window will pop up showing only the drivers for that card and select the one you need. and let it install it.

Back
Top Bottom