about water cooling systems

If you have the money, the BEST cooling solution that there is is thermo electric cooling, also known as PHASE CHANGE or PELITIER COOLING. Swifttech makes an excellent unit, capable of absorbing even the largest amounts of heat for some of the best cooling around. Here is a link to the heatsink needed.

Water cooling is very safe. You would have to exert a lot of force to puncture the silicon tubing that is used to facilitate the liquid. Also, most units u refill outside the tower, either in the front door area or a refil tank that sits far away from the tower. They are simple to use and not that dangerous. Dont use knives or sharp objects around the tubing or pump manifolds and you will be fine.

SWIFTTECHS site:
http://swiftnets.com/

Then go to Thermal Electric solutions and then the type of processor you have, and that assembly. Then get a GOOD swiftech liquid cooling pump system and install them all carefully.

For another good cooling option, use what I am not using. My 4800+ never passes 38C full load with this fan on high blast. One downfall, this fan cooler is HUGE, so you need to make sure it will fit on your motherboard first. Check the compatibility list.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115

money_man said:
theres a water substitute that doesnt condust electricity so that if it leaks none of your computer will be damaged. costs $49.99 a bottle though thats USD prices. i found them on-line

Um yeah, its called USE DISTILLED WATER... it has NOTHING in it, and doesnt conduct electricity. :D

The_Necromancer said:
also fish oil, a guy i my brothers dorm used fish oil and submerged his PC in it!

LMAO!! R U SERIOUS??? that is crazy!!!!!! Wait, oil is flammable though.. wouldnt it catch fire when exposed to electrical currents..?

DarkBlade said:
Um yeah, its called USE DISTILLED WATER... it has NOTHING in it, and doesnt conduct electricity. :D

you are right that water doesn't conduct electricity in and by itself.

But if water leaked on a dusty board or whatever it would probably conduct it quite well:D

lurkswithin said:
you are right that water doesn't conduct electricity in and by itself.

But if water leaked on a dusty board or whatever it would probably conduct it quite well:D

Correcto! I use distilled water, and I have spilled it before. It did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to my PC. It was mixed with NON CONDUCTIVE thermal ingrdients including a specific type of antifreeze and acetone.

that is why it didn't conduct. Had it not been that way and it leaked...it would probably turn out to be a different story..LOL.

Back
Top Bottom