7800 gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishSoldier327

Baseband Member
I was thinking of purchasing a 7800 gtx. Does anyone have one and if so how is it running. I want the BFG one so i get the out of box 6% overclock.

I have dual 7800GTXs, and needless to say, they SCREAM. They are so incredibly powerful. One single 7800GTX is more powerful then 2 6800Ultras. The BFG version is nice, but I would go with the gigabyte version, which is what I have. Also, you might want to get some better RAM, aka, OCZ Plat or Crucial Ballistix or Mushkin RedLine or OCZ VX (preferrably the last two if your motherboard can support it)

Osak said:
Holly $|-|it darkblade you have one heck of a computer!

Thx! It performs well even at this high OCing level. A few stability issues, but those will pass with time. Till then, I can live with it. As far as the 7800GTXs go, they SCREAM. I have never seen graphics look so good, and they run relativily cool as well (59C full load!!!)

DarkBlade said:
Thx! It performs well even at this high OCing level. A few stability issues, but those will pass with time. Till then, I can live with it. As far as the 7800GTXs go, they SCREAM. I have never seen graphics look so good, and they run relativily cool as well (59C full load!!!)

When you're running dual 7800GTX, how are the temperature measured? The average of two temp from each card or just the temp sensor on one card?

TRDCorolla said:
When you're running dual 7800GTX, how are the temperature measured? The average of two temp from each card or just the temp sensor on one card?

The temps are displayed individually through the nvidia driver menu under Temperatures. You can pull down a drop down menu and select the card you want to see the temps on at a certain point. Pretty cut and dry.

TO IRISH SOLDIER:

If you have the money, get the 7800GTX and also some better RAM. That RAM will hold back the performance of a card like the 7800! Better RAM is probably priority right now for you if you want an insane PC.

TO TRDCorolla:
I will post my scores for 3Dmark03 and 05' in that thread when I am confindent my system is going to run them at FULL VELOCITY and get the highest score possible. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom