About speeds of CPU yea i know its nubish

No this is wrong see the pm i sent you it would be 133 x 16 which is you fsb x multiplier, this wil give you your speed of 2.128 Ghz which is the speed for games and ect,
Hope this helps,

O)k yea but you didnt answer my one question
The motherboard im getting runs at 400 Mhz and my processor says 133 Mhz but does that make any differnce at all?

yes, a 2700+ athlon i equivellant to a 2.7Gz pentium. even though the cloc speed is technically slower, this is because AMD Althol chips perform 9 GPU opperations in a clock cycle whilst a pentuim only performs something like 6...

so there is more opperations per clock cycle,

performance for the home user is measure at the most basic level by the processor speed, and front side bus speed...

(I.E Atholons look like they perform lesser)...
however profesionally processing power is measured in Floating point opperations per second.

which is where AMDs seem to accelerate over pentiums, where clock speed is a constant factor...

what you upgrade is really up to you...
however...

Most mother boards have a maximum clock speed, that is to say they wno't take high end chips...

I know that my mother board has the fastest chip it will take, but the cost of the board and chip was les than the cost of the better board, same chip and the a new chip in the future...
and that does still apply if I have to buy a new boardto upgrade...

IMHO, the best upgrade money can buy is definitly more RAM.

Also are you sure that chip is 2700? surely it'sthe 1700+ that rums a 1.3GHz

2000+ athlon runs at 1.6GHz

PsychopathicFre said:
What?!? My chip right now wont work in the mother board i want to get?!?!

Heres teh mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130458

So your sure my chip right now wont work in this?

No, as long as it is the barton core 333MHz or 400MHz Throurghbred core, it will function just fine on that motherboard.

Also, root, it has nothing to do with the processes per clock. It is the pipelines. Pentium4 processors use a 20 CPU Pipeline interface whereas the AMD Processors use 8 CPU Pipelines per wafer. This is why AMD is vastly superior to Intel. :D Good idea though, but actually, they process 16 bits per crest and trough, making 32bits. The new 64bits enable 32bits per crest and trough of each hertz function wave, which is how the processors do 64bit memory extensions, AKA Athlon64s and EM64.

Back
Top Bottom