Need Expert Help Please

I think I've found your problem!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Jimbow246/HPIM0105.jpg

you have no PSU :p

seriously though, theres nothing wrong with this machine, I've got a board like that, (practically the same) but a slightly different version I imagine, still use it now, it sits in the corner acting as my general server running windows 2003 quite merrily to it's self!

as Setis said, you'll find a number, (it's just in between either two of the PCI slots, or APG (if it has them))...
the letters ate about a half inch high and the paint will be white...

post that here and maybe someone can help, (my first thoughts are that if it's like the one I have it may be set to use onboard video only!!

or maybe your graphics card is bust...

since you say it's not your main computer, you could try swapping the graphics cards with the one you have in your main machine?
you might want to bear in mind that if it's the same age or older than mine then it's limited to AGP2x (I think). certainly I have had problems with cards that I absolutly know work because I've tested them in other machines!

um...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a...46/HPIM0103.jpg
This pic shows the motherboard plug in the socket. So at some point it had power.
Well then if there is no numbers on the motherboard then let's resort to the long way around.
On the edge of the cpu cartrige here are some numbers. Also on the northbridge chip the heatsink has on it BX and what appears to be 440. The bx440 chip set has some age on it. I have seen it use in p2's and some early p3's. There are some numbers on that board I assure you just keep looking...

can you take the main board out of the case completly...

take everything off of it...
take a photo from the top down and post that...

itmight be possible to ideantify the mani board by the layout of the compnents

also once you've taken it out... check the bottom for a model number...

haha but if i cant figure out what model it is how am i goin to put everything back in the right spot? Also i am told that they had it at a bios screem but the hard drive was to big for it so it couldnt work. But now that i have it i cant get it to the bios screen at all.

putting it all back??

IMHO building a computer is a little like lego, but since all the bricks are a different shape then they only fit together one way!

I beg to differ. For the power connectors from some things ther is multiple pins you can put them on and im afraid if i put tham on wrong. Its only goinna get worse.

oK..

your absolutly sure the monitor works? have you tested it on a different computer?

Next. have you tried swapping the video card? The swapped video card, did you swap AGP to AGP? If not buy a PCI video card.. Your AGP port could be bad.

Next, Grab a different monitor.. (just amuse me) and try with both of them cards are good..

If two different video cards didn't work, and two different monitors didn't work then you have a bad mother board..

At some point you have to relize a new mother board can be bought for like 40-80 bucks.. Is all your hourly time worth fiddling with this busted computer?

As for the numbers,, if there is no model number or manufacturer, look of an FCC id number,, post that and we can track down who made it.

Back
Top Bottom