IE's Security

acphenom

Daemon Poster
I've been using programs like Webroot SpySweeper, Javacool Spyware Blaster and Spybot - Search & Destroy, and they all had so much protection for IE. This made me wonder if IE can be as safe as Firefox or Opera. Well, can it be? I've always used Opera for non-ActiveX sites that require IE, thinking that it'd be safer, but in reality, would there be little harm in using IE, providing it is up-to-date, configured well and protected by programs like Spyware Blaster? I'm just curious, really.

I have been using IE for a very, very, very long time and have never had a major issue with it. I tried the firefox and a few other browsers and just didn't care for them.
The question that you are asking here is more on personal habits than on program security.
If a person doesn't control his surfing habits and ways of doing the web then they are basically just asking for trouble, reguardless of how much protection that is installed.
The best protection is to use caution before clicking that button...period!
IE is safe as you keep all the updates, up, and utillize other precautionary actions as well.

Yeah, but i do browse unknown sites every now and then; it's inevitable when i go googling.

Firefox and Opera have a lot more features and take up less RAM, but maybe i could just use IE for IE-only sites if it's safe. At the moment, i'm only using IE for Windows Update and sites that don't seem to work in FF or Opera.

I've had IE problems I believe only once since it's existence. It would freeze everytime I would open it. I used Firefox (which works great) as an alternative while IE didn't work. I decided to do spring cleaning on my hard drive and got IE to work again.

Yeah, on my old comp, I would get java errors and C++ programming errors everytime I ran. Firefox is just so much more secure, easier to use (tabbed browsing, etc.).

My IE was hijacked and had to switch to firefox. Ive never been able to get rid of it either.

I've had loads more probs with IE, but i guess that i wasn't using programs like Spyware Blaster and Spybot's IE Shield.

allways been an IE user (except under Linux/Unix) and have never had an IE problem...

also never found an IE based problem, (I.e downloaded spyware) that could not be fixed with a little patience searching and learning...

I'd rather just not have it in the first place. I never get spyware anymore, since installing Firefox; i only get tracking cookies usually.

Back
Top Bottom