How Many Fans Will Be Enough?

Kuberr

Daemon Poster
Okay, as of now, in my computer, I have three case fans, the CPU heatsink, and two PSU fans. Do I need any more? I don't plan on overclocking soon; this computer is fast enough for me. =)

When I touch it now, the top of the case it feels warm. I'm using a Thermaltake Tsunami case. And the fan speeds are set to the max.

no thats more the enough i have one case fan, one PSU fan and one CPU fan and thats does just fine.

These are the temperatures I'm reading from Everest.

Temperatures

Motherboard 39 °C (102 °F)
CPU 42 °C (108 °F)
GPU 52 °C (126 °F)
GPU Ambient 46 °C (115 °F)
Seagate ST3400832AS 35 °C (95 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 3994 RPM
System 675 RPM
North Bridge 6618 RPM

I think my system fan's running a little slow...

your system fan is

One of my PC found in the garbage has 3 fans and boy, it will cool when I buy that heatsink (in which, it will be 3 fans from there)

I think that that is enough fans as you won't be overclocking your computer too much.

Don't you think that's a lit hot for being idle? Idle being running WMP and UDAgent in the background, and having several windows of Firefox on.

Well, not really, the 6800Ultra runs hot to begin with, and It being summer and all, Is your Pc on the ground, is there air flow? And do you have any fans pushing air out?

Not much air flow, but I'll be moving it out of this desk this afternoon. Fans pushing air out? What exactly do you mean by that? When I feel the openings I can definetely feel a slight breeze.

Now, after about 3 hours, these are my temperatures:

Temperatures
Motherboard 42 °C (108 °F)
CPU 47 °C (117 °F)
GPU 55 °C (131 °F)
GPU Ambient 47 °C (117 °F)
Seagate ST3400832AS 38 °C (100 °F)

I bought two VGA fans that I really can't use, so should I try the thermal paste from one of them on my CPU to cool it down? It seems kind of hot for idle, or maybe I'm being too paranoid.

Some cases have fan vents at the top of the case. If there is one available, you should add a fan in there to let the heat escape. If there is anywhere else you can stick fans into, do it.

Back
Top Bottom