Harddrives

Witek

Solid State Member
I just bought a western digital 160gb harddrive, why does it only show up as 127gb after partition?
Are there any ways of getting that 33gb back in any way?

thankyou per.
So I see I'm capped to a 127gb limit because of shtoopid windows, how would I create two partitions in either half of the harddrive instead?

Per, sorry old friend but I am not laughing at you but with you.....
I know why you posted that link and I agree wholeheartedly with it...

LMAO with my friend PER.

Don't laugh at me, sorry that I'm not a uber computer geek. I figured it out anyhow and I'm just waiting for it to get done.

Witek said:
Don't laugh at me, sorry that I'm not a uber computer geek. I figured it out anyhow and I'm just waiting for it to get done.

That had absolutely nothing to do with you or anyone else. I made a mistake and should have PM'd my friend per. It was strictly personal between me and per.

You should of recieved a floppy diskette with that new harddrive...the best thing you can do is use it to partition and format your drives into whatever sizes that you want. It will then transfer all the data from the old driv to the new drive in whichever partition that you need.
I would suggest that you make them 40..40..40..and whatever is left. 4 partitions. By doing this you can save wear and tear on the new drive...save time when defragging....and help keep your system fast by shortening the seek and find to 40 gigs instead of 60, 80 or larger.

No problem Lurks. Mi comprende.
Witek-If you are running XP just update to SP1 or SP2.

Back
Top Bottom