Source of quotes

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Frank Herbert, Dune, "Litany Against Fear", 1965

I like that quote. Very personal and with danger in it. That quote can nearly always apply to me i guess, i'm still young so i am still trying to see the world as it is.

The_Necromancer said:
=exactly how old are you, also that was a direct quote hehehhehehe, but the one in my sig is not from your web site.
As it happens, I'm 74, but young at heart, after losing my wife to cancer, & being quite ill over the last year, I have to have a positive attitude towards life, but I've always been alert, & "young" for my age.
As to your quote, the source isn't the point, the offending words appeared in your post, sorry if I sound dogmatic, but that's how it is, I've got you down as basically a good guy, don't spoil that image, I don't want to discipline you.

Cheers, Maurice

Wombat said:
The_Necromancer, glad to see you edited your sig, no more than 5 lines...
Yes, he probably did it because I objected to expletives in his sig, I think he's basically a good guy, & I told him so.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein

My fav quote -> "Those who say that the 'pen is mightier than the sword' have obviously never encounter automatic weapons"

US army general

Cool, i might look through some another time although i am tied up with a science project at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom