List of Proposed Hardware

If you do order that one i'm not sure on if it's "good". i havn't own one yet i have just looked at the specs of it and liked it. i'm going to own one in about a 1 half-2 weeks

To be honest with you as long as it will run smoothly and accept all of the hardware (which it will) then I'm happy. Some guys like to get crazy with everything but with technology it's outdated when you buy it basically so as I said with what I'm doing I'm not to worried.

I really want to thank Dishdog for his help but now that this thread has been idle for a while I don't see a problem in bumbing it up for a bit more input from other users....here's my final list.

Tower
Mobo
Processor
RAM
Video Card
Monitor
Sound Card
Burner
2nd Drive
Speakers

Thanks for helping trim and shape up my list...this is my first ground up build so I am just a little paranoid about getting my hardware here to realize that something doesn't mix.
Also, after all of this time with the Intels I did some research on AMD 64's and they look like they might be something worth looking into. I did a search on here but what do you guys think, would it be even worth it for what I'm doing?

The CPU you have there is a socket 478. you must have forgot to change it when you changed your MOBO. also you havn't mentioned anything about a HDD, and if all possible look for a monitor with a better response time. you might be able to find one for the same price.

<edit> O ya your welcome for the help.

I fixed the link for the processor...I forgot to change my bookmarks in Firefox. All fixed now. ;)

I want a 19"+ LCD monitor so 25ms is plenty fast enough for me. Anything faster and the screen size drops down to 15"-18" and the price goes up. :rolleyes:

I haven't mentioned hd's because I have an 80gig Maxtor on the way already that I can use...then I'll upgrade from there. Also I'v been reading on here that XP or some OS has a problem registering more than like 160gigs...is this true? If so will I just have to partition it off into pieces?

Back
Top Bottom