Reactivate windows xp??!!?!?

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
I downloaded a security update and then installed and restarted like usual, but then my comp wouldn't go past the windows xp loading screen, it would just freeze while loading. So I went into safe mode and did system restore to like 2 days back and it worked, everything loaded up fine. But now out of nowhere my computer is telling me that I need to reactivate windows xp because I have had some hardware changes and I need to activate it in 3 days. So I figured, ok whatever no problem that's easy. But when I went to do it, it tells me that the cd key I'm trying to use has been used too much and I need to use a different key in order to reactivate. So that's pretty much my dillemma, anyone know what on earth I can do, reformat maybe? Thanks to all who help.

Oh, it did give an option at the bottom that said Telephone, I just kind of ignored it. Does that mean I can just call them and talk to someone and get it activated?

Yes. Just tell them you had to reformat your hard drive because your system crashed. I've done that so many times. They will always help you out with no problems at all. Activation is given right over the phone. :)

Whoa, I just restarted my computer, and tried doing the activation again over internet, and it actually worked. lol, my comp just gets weirder and weirder. Thanks for the help though trd.

Back
Top Bottom