Blue screens

It turns out that I am getting the blue screens again. Could this possibly be a memory problem? I got a blue screen while in windows and I decided that since I haven't really done anything with it yet that I would repartition it and make the operating system partition bigger. It crashed while I was doing this. Any ideas?

If you think it's a memory thing, got to www.memtest86.com and download yourself a copy. Copy it to a diskette and let it go off. It will scan the memory. If there's something that appears under the table, you have an error and therefore, found the problem

Turns out I ran the windows memory diagnostics test and it turns out my 512 MB chip failed almost every test and the 128 passed almost every test. So I took it out and left the 128 in and it still gives me a blue screen when I try to reinstall windows. The format works fine but when it goes to copy items to my hard drive from the disc, I get an error saying that it could not write certain files to disk and then when I hit retry I get a blue screen.

Back
Top Bottom