New Computer Just Died On Me...

It's located in a desk, which has like a section for the PC , printer, keyboard, etc. So anyways, it seems that after I shut it down, I have to take it out and smack it a couple of times before it starts up. How am I Supposed to fix it if it's the PSU?

Sounds like loose wiring or a piece may be broken inside the PSU because hitting it to get it to work may be causing the wire to come into contact again to allow the PSU to work. Either way its got to be fixed cause that must be pretty annoying to deal with. All signs seem to point to your power source so I would suggest replacing it (if theres a warranty on it, i suggest using it lol).

Replace the PSU before trying to start it again too many times, i had the same thing happen to me, i tried to start it about a million times, and ended up frying my mobo, hard drive, and a stick of ram.

I would say YES it is a PSU problem if your hitting it and then all of thee sudden it turns on.

It could be about anything. I would check the power cord and make sure it is not shorting out. And I would check any extension cords that you maybe using to plug into. But before I sprung for a new psu, I would open the case and physically remove every plug/connection and add on cards and anything else that plugs in to anything. Then I would replace it back makeing sure that it is firmly seated in the socket/connector or whatever. I would pay close attention to the video card as they are the easiest to become unseated.

yeah...it's a PSU problem. Change it. what it does is that the board inside is very unstalble and loses power in no time

Back
Top Bottom