Debug Assertion Failed

You can reinstall them all day and it won't help you.
Get your model number and ID code or whatever for that computer and then go to the gateway service center and talk to them or look for bios updating FAQ.
And be careful on this because you can kill your computer if you foul it up. If you don't feel confortable with doing it then I STRONGLY suggest that you take it to a shop and have them do it for you.

edit> READ MY NEXT POST

I just got through looking at BF2 website and looking through there help/support section. There was an issue about logitechs input devices not working properly and it said that logitech has a fix for it...
BF2support linked here:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/finder/US/EN,crid=270&categoryid=126?p_sid=<?%20echo%20$p_sid%20?>

find your input device(s) and click on them and it will take you to the download file for the fix(hopefully). try this first!!! then post back as to whether it worked OR NOT.

I had downloaded those earlier, and it didnt work. And as far as the BIOS goes, are you sure that might be an option? Remember that I was able to play the game for one night. Just a reminder.

you can download this utillity and look at the BIOS date and then check the BIOS upgrade date and see if they are a few years different,. If they are then more than likely you have a bios issue because of the input device failure. :
everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

I believe that your input devices are restricted in the old bios. The restriction being a faster transfer of data from device to system. Your game recognizes that your input devices cannot transfer data fast enough for game play and puts the stop to it with an error message...The problem with that error message is that it is a manufacturer message for their eyes only. They do not let out their error messages to anyone..
all in all, it is just my humble opinion and please feel free to continue to find another solution.
Now you can go here and use there SAFE & FREE online scanner to run a system check and see if they come back with any other issues. They will benchmark it and test every aspect of your hardware and then show what a comparission between your system and any others with the same hardware.
http://www.pcpitstop.com

Ok...Im working on my BIOS update right away. But before I did that I figured Id mention this pop up I got right after I installed my mouse driver. I dont know if its even related to the mouse driver installation, but just to be on the safe side heres what the pop up said:

lKernel.exe - Application Error------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The instruction at "0x4fef21fe" referenced memory at "0x0016af60". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering what you made of this pop up.

There arent any places you can go to get free BIOS upgrades are there. And if not where is the cheapest palce you can recommend?

Back
Top Bottom