Windows XP SP2 question

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
If I install SP2 for Windows XP and turns out it doesn't work that well on my system, will System Restore be able to revert back correctly? Or is there a safe way to remove or uninstall SP2 without messing up my system?

If you clean your system (worms, bugs, frogs) before the install, it must work.
Also, you must have all updates before installing sp2...

Wow, good site. It links all the site to Microsoft. I hope I don't encounter any issues during installment. That's why I hesitate a lot when it comes to SP2 installation. I will take time to read some key points from there.

Suggest reading at least most of it to save a lot of grief later. I was involved with another forum when SP2 came out and we spent weeks sorting out problems. Ask Seti, wombat, lurks, and Buzz.

i would advise you install SP2 after a fresh install of Windows XP or you start to get a few problems later on ... thats what i did (fresh install) and i am not having any problems ..YET

I didn't think about doing that after my last reinstall of Windows. I'll keep that in mind. I think SP2 is just a glorified security update, that's it? No significant improvements elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom