plz help: MONITOR COLORS

jcon891

Daemon Poster
I have a Dell Dimension L667r that my sister uses for instant messaging and such, and we just redid windows yesterday. everything is fine except for the screen size or whatever. everything is too big, but it wasnt before we redid windows. i right clicked the desktop, went to properties, hit the settings tab, and the settings are at 640x480 right now with 16 colors. and the bar wont slide to make everthing smaller. please help with this. (the computer really sux, its like from 98 or something and has a 6 gig hard drive, so nothing too high tech plz) lol:p

dont have disk

i dont know where the disk is for video drivers, can i get them from internet?

yup, if you knwo what kinda video card it is. im guessing its onboard,

right click on desktop/properties/settings/advanced

then go through the tabs to find teh name of the video card, or use the add hardware wizard in the control panel to see if it'll pick it up and then it'll hopefully find a driver for it

thnx wombat

thnx wombat ur link worked :cool:

oh sorry, one more thing, should i go to the same thing to get sound drivers?

lol nvm, i found out the answer:::: yes

scratch that, the driver didnt do anything (sound)

well,,,

well, before we were using creative sb live! audio drivers, and i tried that, but i dont know what i did wrong, it didnt work.:(

naah man that ac97 codec thing didnt work, its not right for my system. said that i dont have the right device in my pc for that. i think i need sb live audio, but im not sure why its not working.

is it a SB LIVE! sound card? download so different sb live drivers, i think they have different ones for different sound cards (7.1-2.1) would probably be different

Back
Top Bottom