No spamming

Steven12 said:
Yeh i totally agree come to spam and when they get blocked once they make more acounts saying why did i get blocked and more spam and then what was the point in coming??
Not you too!!, haven't you seen David's thread where he has set up an email verification system, which will kill this stone DEAD, go read it now, I thought you had.

While it is possible for regular members to spam, it doesn't happen as often as newcomers who come and spam the forums.

I believe after you've contributed your wisdom and your words to an area, you really get a sense of care for the community, as much of us have now. I don't think many regulars, would just forget the care they have for a community, and seal their fate by spamming and creating trouble..

Plus, not to mention I like to think we're all mature enough to know better anyhow. ;)

I do think at least 90% of spammers on the forums are newcomers, and while there are different types of spam going on here, it does happen and when I see it happen (I report alot of it), it is 9/10 times a newcomer rather than a regular.

Maurice said:
You're wrong, as a mod, I regular scan most of the forums plus I get loads of reported posts, & it's there,right before my eyes, almost always the reported post is from a member who joined that day, or the day before, & he is spamming!

really? i wouldn't have thought new users wouldn't report posts. By the time i get online there are no spam so that's why i think the forum is getting better but i don't know what its like when its peak time.

there is only one thing that bothers me about the way you deal with spam (not just you all the mods) why do you lock them and not delete them? Can you not move them to a SPAM forum (hidden until David comes along and deletes it? I see loads of locked post with titles '.' for example makes the place look untidy.

Bahawolf said:
While it is possible for regular members to spam, it doesn't happen as often as newcomers who come and spam the forums.

I believe after you've contributed your wisdom and your words to an area, you really get a sense of care for the community, as much of us have now. I don't think many regulars, would just forget the care they have for a community, and seal their fate by spamming and creating trouble..

Plus, not to mention I like to think we're all mature enough to know better anyhow. ;)

I do think at least 90% of spammers on the forums are newcomers, and while there are different types of spam going on here, it does happen and when I see it happen (I report alot of it), it is 9/10 times a newcomer rather than a regular.
Oh right, I thought that at first you implied that it wasn't newcomers that spammed, now you agree that 90% do it, I must have misunderstood.

Back
Top Bottom