Can playing computer games too long kill you ? Yes

I played Age of Empires 2 online for 4 straight hours before. It was a tough battle with rules in the beginning like 30 minutes build time, but no one advanced until like an hour and a half later. Worth every hour.

Yea but I think any NORMAL person could do a 24 hour mathron of a game staright playing once in a while. But a eplicthic person every day 12 hours for weeks on end is not healthy

There was one a couple years ago about a kid that stayed in a PC room in Korea (Because they run 24/7 over there) and he played so much Starcraft (Man I love that game) that he died.

Computer games is a sport in Korea, they have T.V. stations on tournaments and the progamers actually have real fans with like poster boards at the tournaments, it's actually kind of scary.

At least they die happy :)

I would like to go out that way too. When AOE3 comes out, I'm setting aside a whole day just to play it. I imagine I can go for 10 hours with regular restroom breaks and a drink.

Nik00117 said:
Yea but I think any NORMAL person could do a 24 hour mathron of a game staright playing once in a while. But a eplicthic person every day 12 hours for weeks on end is not healthy

most epileptics cannot even play for a couple of minutes without getting deathly ill.

This is no joke.... There are certain studies out right now that deal with the combinations of sound and color and motion (basic gaming stuff) that will make an average person very sick. These are banned from use through television programing such as commercial useage and the likes...very strict on this too. Every once in a while it will pass through the cracks and run for a day before the complaints start rolling in and then it is pulled from the scheduling and heads roll from the station managers on down.

O by the way
Its was on a news webite before [i think MSNBC]
That in Asia, they have set up hospitals that deals with uberinternet users, the people who have played too long. Quite a few people have already signed up, the fee for it isn't too nice though.

Yeah, I heard that in Korea, one kid played for two days straight and he just died in his freakin' chair. Just like that... of course, that was without food, barely any water, and occasionally going to the bathroom. Pretty sick, he was only like 12 too. For me, on almost any day, I play for 2 hours. That's it. On a "gaming" day, I usually play for 3-5 hours. That's about it. I DON'T WANNA DIE! lol... but serioulsy... that's pretty tragic... 12 years old. But geez... after 6 hours man... I would seriously take a break... get up, strech, look far off in the distance, eat something... seriously.

Back
Top Bottom