Possible Cancer and Aids breakthroughs?

Starr

Daemon Poster
this is from slashdot:

"Two possible medical breakthroughs have come to light in recent days. In Australia, it was discovered that pineapple extract can stimulate the body to attack cancer cells. And in Japan, Kumamoto University researchers have developed a drug that will block cells from the AIDS virus, thus making something akin to an AIDS vaccine." From the Australian news: "One of the molecules, CCZ, stimulates the body's immune system to target and kill cancer cells, the other, CCS, blocks a protein called Ras, which is defective in 30 percent of all cancers. QIMR researcher Tracey Mynott said her team had set out to find why the enzyme-rich bromelaine crush had such strong effects on biological material."

I hope this would work, and blocking AIDS from attacking any other cells would be the key. It would allow the person to rebuild their immune systems and prevent the virus from spreading.

Do you have an article for it?
Money man, that's inappropriate. AIDS is not gay.

money_man said:
wow the aids one would eb amazing, because aids is gay
These are more ways of getting AIDS...
Infected blood

HIV also is spread through contact with infected blood. Before donated blood was screened for evidence of HIV infection and before heat-treating techniques to destroy HIV in blood products were introduced, HIV was transmitted through transfusions of contaminated blood or blood components. Today, because of blood screening and heat treatment, the risk of getting HIV from such transfusions is extremely small.

Contaminated needles

HIV is frequently spread among injection drug users by the sharing of needles or syringes contaminated with very small quantities of blood from someone infected with the virus.

It is rare, however, for a patient to give HIV to a health care worker or vice-versa by accidental sticks with contaminated needles or other medical instruments.

Google for more info on AIDS...

HAAHHAHAHAH AIDS IS GAY!! HAHAHAHAHA
What is wrong with you!?!??!

Either way, if a cure for cancer is found, which I hope, so I can tell my friend that smoking has a less chance of killing you now, and so that I can go up to Dennis Leary and smoke a cig in his face, then eat a cookie, then slap him.

If you saw "NO cure for cancer" then all of the above would make sense.

no no no i was saying aids is gay not that only gay people have aids...or even thatr they are the ones that started it. i could have said aids sucks but that wasnt my word choice. i've seen some whole huge ass stupid movie on aids, first they showed how ebola or somethign from africa was contained and then it showed how aids spread.

Edit: Removed possible offensive material...

Yeah I know you meant it like that, but it just sounds funny. The vocabulary of a 10 year old used on a serious discussion on one of the deadliest diseases ever.

Back
Top Bottom