Computer Won't Turn Off

b182tm

In Runtime
Hey everybody.
I have a little problem with my comp. WHen I go under the start menu to shut it down, and press shut down, it doesn't respond. I let it go, and about 5 min. later, it shuts down. What could be the problem? I have a feeling something happened when I installed my sound card. It said something about win32.dll error or sumthin.
Thanks a lot,
Derek

yeah my next question was when did the problem start you say after your sound card drivers how long have you been getting the message?

mine does that, I have to press shut down several time before it finally does it. I'm not sure what it is though, there is an error message

Techy Geek said:
mine does that, I have to press shut down several time before it finally does it. I'm not sure what it is though, there is an error message

Mine does that too, but sometimes it shuts down nicely and sometimes I need to click shut down many times.

It might be a connection problem. Have you checked the back of the tower? Your mouse might not be plugged in all the way. Also, check your RAM. If on of the sticks broke, then that might cause a problem becase it's still in there.

Yeah, it was after the sound card was installed. I only got the message after I installed the sound card...Once. Although, If I press shut down, and try to get into a program, it says warning: sys32.dll shutting down...Or something like that. If it happens to a lot of people, I'm not too concerned. I just don;t want it to hurt anything else.
Thanks guys,
Derek

I'm sure its not the ram, i was just inside my comp. today. You mean physically broke? No, that's fine. Also, I will check my mouse, although it is working fine.
Thanks a lot,
Derek
BTW, I dont know how to do a system restore.

to do a system restore go to start -> all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> system restore.

and select a restore point before you installed your sound card, or before it started.
Note that you might want to backup any files you have saved since that date. ;)

For future reference........
please write down the EXACT error message and copy it in your post. That way we can check our resources for that error.
Posting "an error 32 dll or something like that" doesn't help anyone.

Back
Top Bottom