Xbox 360 VS PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ps2 seems to be up on processor and graphics card,but the xbox is WAY up on memory
this is a hard desicion for me lol

Personally i would much prefer using the PC
But if i made a decision between the two of them that i would choose the playstation
THE PC IS STILL THE BEST !!! :) :)

What do you mean WAY up on memory, sure the xbox has twice the amount, but the PS3's memory is about 4 and a half times faster, so it would probably be a tie if anything or maybe a small lead for one of them, but certainly not waaay ahead. And although I feel the PS3 wins the CPU and gfx card battle, these are just little numbers on paper, we haven't actually seen a completed game ran on either system so we can't really conclude much, but on paper yeah I would probably say it's a bit better overall. We'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess. Graphics are a bit overrated anyway, I'd rather have a game that is fun as opposed to a graphical masterpiece that just serves as a piece of eyecandy. If it has good graphics then I just look at it as sort of a bonus to the already great gameplay, but I guess now that we are advancing along so quickly the games are sort of expected to have both.

I totally agree. my favourite game of all time is dragon warrior(NES). you are a little square dude and it kicks butt,lol.

lol ok so they pretty much tie on the memory as well your saying... so what don't they tie on? next we'll be debating of which looks the best lol

Well I already told you I felt PS3 wins pretty much everything on paper except for maybe a few things like the hdd and online. But still that is just on paper, we need to wait til both are finished to really see what they can do.

winterfreshpwnz said:
What do you mean WAY up on memory, sure the xbox has twice the amount, but the PS3's memory is about 4 and a half times faster, so it would probably be a tie if anything or maybe a small lead for one of them, but certainly not waaay ahead. And although I feel the PS3 wins the CPU and gfx card battle, these are just little numbers on paper, we haven't actually seen a completed game ran on either system so we can't really conclude much, but on paper yeah I would probably say it's a bit better overall. We'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess. Graphics are a bit overrated anyway, I'd rather have a game that is fun as opposed to a graphical masterpiece that just serves as a piece of eyecandy. If it has good graphics then I just look at it as sort of a bonus to the already great gameplay, but I guess now that we are advancing along so quickly the games are sort of expected to have both.

Ok, even though the Xbox 360 has 512mb of GDDR memory, it only runs at 700mhz compared to the PS3's main 256mb XDR RAM that runs at 3200mhz. The PS3 has separate RAM for the CPU and GPU and the Xbox 360 shares the 512mb between the CPU and GPU. Since the GPU has it's own 256mb of RAM that runs at 700mhz, the RSX has to deal with the memory's slow memory bandwidth and speed. The Xbox 360's Xenos chip has to also deal with the main RAM's slow 22.4GB/sec of memory bandwidth (PC usually have about 37GB/sec), however, ATI designed the GPU to have 10mb of embedded DRAM that has a insane memory bandwidth of 256GB/sec, which the Xenos chip can use it to buffer graphics performance and reduce the need for faster main memory. The RSX lacks this feature.

EDIT>>> The PS3's CPU has access to the 256mb of XDR RAM that runs at 3200mhz, while the RSX has 256mb of GDDR RAM that runs at 700mhz. Either way, the RSX isn't as flexible as the Xenos chip.

crazyman143 said:
does look nice.. so how much is it supposed to cost? I've heard 300? 200?

The Xbox 360 is expected to launch at $299

The PlayStation 3 is expected to launch at $399

You make the decision.

Yeah lol, that would be nice, but luckily I'm gettin older and it's gonna be time for a job soon so that can pay for some it, or all if it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom