Computer reboots over and over again

Yeah, I think they're different too. The cord still fits into the drive, but it won't let the computer start. I tried it with another drive and got the same thing. I think it might have something to do with power.

Thanks for all your help tonight.

Ok your good/new HDD is a SATA drive. it uses different cords then your old ATA drive. the cord for your old HDD has to have it's own spot on you motherboard. you can't piggy back on a cd or DVD drive cord. you use the ATA cord (lots of pins one) and the 4 pin power connector.

Okay, I think I see what you mean. Use my old ATA cord and hook it to the motherboard and the old drive. And then use the power cord already in the new computer. Do I have that right?

I tried that, but it's still not reading. I guess I'll keep trying. Thanks anyway.

I don't see one, but then again, I've never noticed it before, either.

Every HDD i have ever had has had a little green light on top. if your not seeing it maybe the HDD isn't getting any juce(power)

That's what I was thinking, because I thought it was before.

But I can't think of anything that's happened between then and now that would stop it from getting power.

I don't know i'll be back on tomorow. i can hear the birds chirping(not kidding) i think it's time to go to bed,lol.

Do you have a different 4 pin connector you could use? Also i was thinking what is your power supplys watts? it might be not enough power so your computer is restarting.

When I use the ATA cord, it doesn't restart. It just doesn't recognize the drive. I'll try it again this morning.

Back
Top Bottom