about water cooling systems

jcon891

Daemon Poster
i have been recently contemplating on getting a water cooling system for my computer that i am trying to start building, but i am hesitant because just thinking of the idea of buying all those parts, them ruining them with water is devistating. If anyone could give me the facts about the dangers of having a water cooling system , and if they are actually safe or a hazard, that would be great thanx

Huge bill not to mention
The average computer uses quite alot of electricity just operating the fan
Companies usually spend thousands to make sure that their servers don't burn out as all the excess energy is released as heat
To be honest, don't go with water, just go with the traditional fan. ;)
I also heard that they're developing a metal cooling system, abit far off for you to wait though.

I got water cooling, and its great. Now adays the kits come pritty simple on installing, the leaking is not going to happen unless you screw it up by not following directions on the install. Its easy to install if computers are a hobbie then yeah i would go water cooling. Its fun to install i havent had any leaking just take your time on the install. Everything will work out awsome. Most times people use Water to Over Clock there pc, i havent OCed mine yet. Tryed but couldnt do it, need to read more on it, but yeah water is fun.

The rule of thumb is that to really be concerned with watercooling is when you are OC'ing more than 15 to 20 percent. Then it might warrant the extra cost to put in a water cooling system. The other thought is noise control. Other than that (unless you are just wanting to brag) it isn't neccessary as an additional fan is all that may be required to keep your temps in check.
The metal cooling system Dyserq mentioned is the new BTX form factor that I posted about a few days back.
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=17723

Okay, water cooling systems suck. They will break if your not really careful when installing them, if they do break, they'll screw you and you'll have to buy a new computer. If you want a perfectly quiet computer, then you might want one, but you could just get on of those fan insulator things and that will quiet it down a lot. If your overclocking it so much you need a water cooling system, your pushing it too far. Stay with a fan, it's way easier and safer.

ya thats what i was thinking while reading, water cooling seems too stressful lol i think ill just get fans. and im not concerned about the noise, its not a big deal.

If you want to get the most out of your PC, water cooling is certainly one of the best options, as it offers much better cooling then traditional fan set ups. This is because water has a much higher heat capacity then air.

If you aren't experienced with computers, then you can get some sets which are already set up and all you have to do is connect up the water blocks. This is still quite tricky for the newcomer as it involves removing fans and possibly modifying the case.

More expensive options are harder to install but offer greater cooling and better control. Buy what you think you are capable of installing.

Water cooling systems today are very reliable and are pretty cheap as well.

i was thinking of the zalman respirator one, but i dunno if i should, my computer is really really loud and sometimes it gets annoying. i cant go to sleep with my computer on thats how loud that damn PSU and side fan are. i was thinking water cooling but then remembered if i want to take my computer anywhere i'd have to bring the whole water cooling set

You don't need to put water in a water cooler. You can spend a few extra backs and put in anti-freeze which won't run out anytime soon. Now water cooling is the best. If you install it carefully you won't have an issue. I rarely hear of problems about water cooling.

Back
Top Bottom