Computer reboots over and over again

yeah it does.... sounds like you could be using the wrong cord or something.. I wish I could see what you are doing.
do you have a sort of instant messenger or something?

maybe you could try taking a picture and upload it to www.photobucket.com and then give a link.
a bit inconvienient I know, but It's the best I can think of.

Here's the old drive that I want to hook up:

P7090404.jpg

Here are the cords that are attached to the main drive:

P7090405.jpg

When I put both the cords into the drive, the computer won't start. If only one's in, the computer works, but, of course, the drive doesn't.

Okay, these are photos that I took of my computer, maybe they will help you.

this first one is to show the two cords that you I use to connect to hard drive.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/crazyman143/wirepic.jpg

This second picture here shows them hooked up to the back of my two hard drives, and to show that there is a plug for each one, on the same cord. And that there are a total of two cords.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/crazyman143/pluggedinpic.jpg

I hope these are helpful. I know that they are a bit blurry but I could not get my camera to focus inside the dark case.

Okay. But the black plug in your first picture? Mine doesn't have that. It has the smaller white one in the picture above instead. The only cord like that I have is for the DVD drive.

this is very strange. It sounds like maybe your computer uses a different type of hard drive or something... or maybe it only allows for one drive? maybe a picture of you hard drive in your new comp would help. It sounds to me like maybe your comp only supports one harddrive.

This is the hard drive, and the cords I was trying to use are attached to the cords coming out of the drive.

P7090406.jpg

So this is a picture showing the new hardrive, hooked up properly to the new computer?
If I'm correct, it looks like you do infact have a different kind of hard drive in that computer, and it doesn't support the old one. there maybe some other way to connect it but I'm not sure about this. I suppose that someone else on here might be able to help you further.
I'm sorry I couldn't help you. :(
But its been nice talking to you and I wish you luck!

I also have to sign off for the night, but I will be back tommorrow and maybe I'll talk to you then.
I may do some research and if I find anything I'll post tommorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom