Partitioning A Harddrive

nickbuddy1111

In Runtime
I have read basically how to do it, and i am thinking about doing it on my new HDD i am getting. (40gb). What are some good ways to do this? Like do i put 25gb for programs like the rest for downloads and documents or what?

You don't say what O/S you have so no one can really advise you. Post more info and you may get an answer.

As you install xp you can partition the system then. As you have only a 40 gig I would suggest 10 gigs for xp and either use the rest for programing/storage or split it up with 20 gigs for programs and the remaining 10 for backup.
If you do a lot of photo editing and music then you are going to eat that 40 up really fast. I prefer to use it whole myself and then just back up everything to disc or flash drives.
I run three harddrives and 5 operating systems I hav 1 30 gig partition and the rest are 40 gig. This saves a lot of time formatting and defragging and saves wear and tear on the drives as well as keeps it fast.

If you really want it, you can get some programs, both free and pay. They make it alot more simpler and quicker. :)

Back
Top Bottom