My future proof PC build *REVIS3D*

AuBrEy Online

In Runtime
My future proof PC build **

I wont be buying all this from www.overclockers.co.uk I just used it plan out my build since thier site is layed out nicely

I chose 2 GB of RAM so in the future games will still own I am hoping this computer will be mid range in 2/3 years time.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ (OcUK/£446.44)

Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi (OcUK/£117.44)

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 (OcUK/£182.07)

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 250GB SATA 16MB (OcUK/£88.07)

NEC ND3540 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) (OcUK/£32.78)

Antec NeoPower 480W ATX2.0 PSU (OcUK/£82)

Coolermaster Wave Master - Black (OcUK/£102)

** All comes to about £1000/$1800 however once some others have given me thier verdict I can look at other places as OcUK are expensive!

Now for the video card ....

Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6800 GT 256MB
£240 x 2 = £480

Or save up for this ......

Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB DDR3 X 2
£287 x 2 = £574

I'll order nearer or even after chirstmas so the parts are MUCH cheaper .... maybe if they drop a lot I could get a 7800GTX?

So what GFX card?

Are you getting the parts from newegg? Pretty cheap there usually. But I would just suggest buying a computer from ibuypower.com. I'm getting one from there with a gig of RAM, an 80 gig Hard Drive, a 256 ATI graphics card, forgot waht kind of sound card, but XP Home (becuase they don't have Media Center), an intel pentium 4 processor with a 7500 socket I think, but at 3.4 with a 2MB Cache. and a CD-RW/DVD-RW drive for less than $2000. But why would you need 2 gigs of RAM? I would just buy maybe 1 gig, becuase the next console launch will probably only have 1 gig, and then 2 gig will be cheaper, and you might be able to buy a new processer that is maybe even 4.0 with a 2MB cache. But wouldn't it make sense to just match the next gen console, and then later make all of you add on newer things when they will be cheaper?

varine said:
, but XP Home (becuase they don't have Media Center),

So talk to them about buying it without the operating system. Then purchase it from someone else and install it. Spending that much on a computer and not getting what you want is just not practicle. They should discount it for you or they should at least order the media center OS and install it for you.

Back
Top Bottom