List of Proposed Hardware

Dishdog said:
Why are you going with a socket 478, they are old models. 775 are the newer ones.

<edit> DDR memory will be fine.

Northwood cores are better than Prescott cores, that's why.

What do you think of this one...
Mobo

Then I could also use DDR2...I know I said I didn't really think that I needed it but hey if the board supports it :rolleyes: ;).
Now this may seem like a dumb question to you guys but as I have been teaching myself the hardware side of computers for a while now (have been more of a program guy in the past) I have overlooked what order software is installed. Once I get everything in do I boot do dos and install the Mobo software then install the OS then everything else is smooth sailing because I'm used to installing in Windows (burners, drives, etc.)? hmmm I can't figure that one out.

With this processor...
Processor

Next is the RAM...how's this look since I can go with DDR2 now?
RAM

Thanks for the help with my MANY questions.

Ooo forgot to ask...I read some guys talking about how much faster AMD 64's are for the price...is it worht it? I've never used one.

A lot of people are moving to AMD insted of intels now, but intels are still good. i'm sticking with intel for asl ong as they are still made,lol.

Hmmm do they really perform that much better?
For example some people said they are cheaper but they must have been smokin' or something because look at this...
AMD 64
The FSB is insane but otherwise I can't see why it's so much more than a comparable Intel. Does the blazing FSB make is that much more?

Also, although I am starting this little project step by step when I get out of summer school (July 14th!) I wanted to order the first monitor since I can use it now anyways on my current system, down the road I'll order the second one but does anyone have a cheaper COMPARABLE 19" LCD to this one?
19" LCD
$219 seemed very reasonable to me but does newegg offer a better 19", (or larger) for a similar price that you guys think is superior?

Avery4jc said:
Hmmm do they really perform that much better?
For example some people said they are cheaper but they must have been smokin' or something because look at this...
AMD 64
The FSB is insane but otherwise I can't see why it's so much more than a comparable Intel. Does the blazing FSB make is that much more?

PM Darkblade about why AMD's are "better", or just look up some of his posts. he has bin explaing this a lot lately.

They are just so expensive...I don't think that I can sleep @ night knowing I spent $1000 on the processor.

Back
Top Bottom