Major boo boo with xp passwords!

macbook

Fully Optimized
Major cock up with xp passwords!

Bugger!

On my desktop (xp professional) , i changed my password to get my brothers off my computer, as you do, and i have no idea what i have changed it to...How do i get back in???

HEEEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!

at the password screen...

"Alt, Ctrl, Del" Release then "Alt, Ctrl, Del"

at the classic login type Administrator then enter.

If there was a password then lost it. Use this cd.

EBCD
There you can use the NT password utility to remove the password then save the SAM file..

Boot into Safe Mode and log in as Administrator. Then go to Control Panel into User Accounts and remove your password. Restart after that and your password is removed. You can then add a new password again, but this time, remember it!

I just fixed this exact same problem just 20 minutes ago at one of my coworkers house. So this is very fresh to me.

TRD, no need to go into SafeMode..

Pressing Alt control Delete twice will bring you to the classic prompt and you can type the administrator.

Oh, didn't know that. You do that at the logon screen? I would assume you have to do it there because you don't know your password to get in anyways. The Safe Mode also works too. It gives the Admin login upon startup.

TRD.

yeah at the login.. Where you see the user pics and names.. If you need to get into ADMIN and your user auto logs in then just use the logout feature..

And yes the safe mode will work as well.

To change it theres a simple way
But i'm not sure if it will work in your situation
Firstly go to another administrator account which you can log onto on and then go to the account list and then you can remove the password from there and thens et a new one :)

Those passwords are useless. all you have to do is create another administator acount and you can remove it without knowing the password.

Back
Top Bottom