Best time of the year

Jimbo246

Baseband Member
Hi, Im posting this to see if anyone knows of the pest time of the year to purchase compputer parts, as if you were to make one. Also is there a difference in the day of the week?
My guesses are on Mondays.
And of the year problably on boxing day.
But if you kjnow of any other good times post em up

Well, the times, they differ. For ram, summer is usually the best time. For comps, there are always these bigs sales, but from what I've seen, X-mas and July 4th are the best times.

When a newer model comes out. (Like the 7800 and the FX-57 just came out) so the prices drop. And Christmas probably has the biggest sales at retail stores.

Brithdays and holidays. But yesterday on X-Mas your not going get that good of custmer service as if you ordered in a diff part of the year (high demand)

ALL make good points now i dont know went to buy it . I have to wait till the end of summer so early september before i even have enough money so should i get the parts then or hold back till christmas hoping to get deals and someone get me somting . I have to buy them at the same time cuz this is my first built comp so i have to check if it works all together other wise im screwed.

Save up your money and when you have enough to spring for it ..do it. There is no really good time to buy. I mean you can have sales all year long and all that but it doesn't matter because as soon as you put it togeather it will be old. Technology is running at about 4 months turnover on ram sticks and 6 months on mobos and 1 year to 18 months on CPU's.
All this means is that you have a better chance at putting together a great system with bragging rights only if you do it all at the same time.
Just get the pieces and put it together and enjoy your first build to the max.

yeah it's true and if you're in the states you can order it online and it's like christmas all year around.

Back
Top Bottom