moving parts form one case to another

bass_man

Baseband Member
hey. right now i have an emachines t3624 and i was wondering how hard it would be to move the parts from the case it is currently in, into a new case. i know how to build a computer but i dont know if the would be harder. thanks

It could be impossible. A lot of computer manufacturers make their parts proprietary so that they can only fit where they want them to. I doubt the motherboard itself is even standard. Probably wouldn't be able to find a case to fit it unless you do some modding. It's possible that they use normal parts, but I doubt it. I'm gonna say it would be more work than it's worth, especially considering that it probably wouldn't work.

Methost said:
If its a standard micro atx configuration, you should be able to find a new box for it.

That's what I thought. I'm pretty sure I still do think that. But, even generic stuff seems to all be a 'little' different.

I got a used (looks like brand new) case from a little PC repair shop in my neighborhood......gave it to my friend Alan who's building a budget PC for me.

He keeps emailing and complaining that a bracket is missing for the power supply. all cases don't HAVE brackets.

Any Idea what he's referring to? Wouldn't it be simple to make a part out of sheet metal and solve the problem?

Back
Top Bottom