Flag Burning?

Nik00117 said:
Yea I am anti-america. America is the only place where all men are created equal and freedom of expression is a promised RIGHT. Also they say serperation of church and state, but yet gays can't marry, they want to ban flag burning. And freedom of speech only goes to the point where you offend someone with more power.

Only reason of gays not being able to marry is because of wording.. The law states "The union of a man and a woman"
Untill the gay rights activitsts get there wish of changing this, then there will always be this issue.. but this is not what this is about..

As for Church and state.. That is in the government, When in the court of law, you can't bring up religion to protect, serve and uphold the law.. This would be unfair.. Reason being, I could change my religion, Kill my wife because she talked back to me. then say This is what we do in our religion. The law is the law..

Flag burning, "When done in protest" is a right of expression, protest, and assembly.. you cannot ban this because you would be going against the 1st admendment.. I like my free speech.. most people take it for granted..

Without our free speech we would have this..

Chinese said:
Microsoft's new Chinese internet portal has banned the words "democracy" and "freedom" from parts of its website in an apparent effort to avoid offending Beijing's political censors.

Attempts to input words in Chinese such as "democracy" prompted an error message from the site: "This item contains forbidden speech. Please delete the forbidden speech from this item." Other phrases banned included the Chinese for "demonstration", "democratic movement" and "Taiwan independence".

Start making laws that go against our constitution then we will lose our rights.

buzzstpoint said:
As for Church and state.. That is in the government, When in the court of law, you can't bring up religion to protect, serve and uphold the law.. This would be unfair.. Reason being, I could change my religion, Kill my wife because she talked back to me. then say This is what we do in our religion. The law is the law..
but then how is it that you have to swear on the bible to tell the truth in court??

You dont have to.... Most places courts dont use a bible anymore. You just have to raise your hand. Plus if they do hand a bible your way you can tell them not on that bible.. they will remove it..

BuzzStPoint said:

Flag burning, "When done in protest" is a right of expression, protest, and assembly.. you cannot ban this because you would be going against the 1st admendment.. I like my free speech.. most people take it for granted..

Flag burning is not a right of expression, period. I'm not going to discuss this. It is called creating a public disturbance and should be banned out-right. It is dangerous. It is not freedom of speech. yOu are stretching the rights given to you and abusing them.

BuzzStPoint said:
You dont have to.... Most places courts dont use a bible anymore. You just have to raise your hand. Plus if they do hand a bible your way you can tell them not on that bible.. they will remove it..
I thought you could ask to swear on what ever book you wanted

Back
Top Bottom