Wireless problem

sorted

Baseband Member
Every now and then my internet shuts off for no reason, i see the connection fail from the wireless router then it connects again straight away.

does anyone know of a solution to prevent this, there are no updates etc for my router, i have checked.

thanks

Do you have a wireless router/cable modem?
or seperate?

If they are seperate, when your router loses connection, does your cable modem lose as well?

ok. let touble shoot..
How many pc's connecting to the router?
What kind of programs are you running on the computers?

My cousin had a Microsoft router and uses Yahoo Booters and Flooders.. he would get lose connection on the router when he used this..

Any programs running a lot of connections or requests form the computers to the net?

Also have you tried a Manual Reset of the router?

There is only one computer connected to the router.

I have noticed the connection goes alot more frequently for instance when i am viewing a video message over msn, or playing particular online games.

its a belkin54g router.
yeh, ive tryed resetting it.

i think it may have something to do with losing connection when using a high bandwith?

IN the belkin router Cp. try putting your computer's IP address in the DMZ

Then see if it still resets.. If it doesn't after you in the DMZ then it's a bandwidth problem..

ok, im a little lost, how would i put my IP address into the DMZ?

and do you mean see if i can still reset the router afterwards?

Click "start" "run" type CMD

in the command prompt box type: ipconfig /all
you will see your IP address.
Look in the routers admin panel. you should see a section called DMZ or security. Then DMZ enter your Ip address there.

After you do that play some games talk on your MSN and see if the router looses connection

Back
Top Bottom