Windows Help Me !!!!

jim1

BSOD
Hi everyone just 2 questions-

1.i would like to know if there is a program that will check windows for major errors or problems and would fix them?

2.is there a program that will fix the add/remove in the conrol panel? as it does not work on my comp and i cant re-install windows because i dont have the disks.
Thanks for any replies.

You could always use the Chkdsk program in CMD.

And, you could use Spybot's Add/Remove programs feature to replace the regular one. It seems that your PC is pretty messed up. You might want to scan for spyware and viruses.

Hi TheBinaryopinio

i have run all difrent types of spywere/adware and antivirus scans and found none
i have tried replacing my uninstaller with a program called MYUNINSTALLER and this is the same.
by the way there are programs there ive never even installed!
i can access the ADD/REMOVE and i see all the programs listed that i have on my system but it dosent say uninstall on them.
Thanks for all replies

I do remember having this type of problem before...it could either reside in spyware or viruses which you have proven to me that it is not the problem...the only solution I have to think of is reinstalling Windows XP. Back up all of your data. I recommend using either DVDs or a Maxtor OneTouch external backup hard drive. Thnk about it, though -- you could just go to Best Buy and buy the newest latest Windows XP (now they come with SP2 preinstalled) and be done in a jiffy.

For spyware and adware I recommend Microsoft's newest solution Microsoft AntiSpyware.

For viruses and a firewall I recommend ZoneAlarm Security Suite (the latest version.) This is an affordable program and is very helpful.

Good luck to you, AMD.

Thanks TheBinaryOpinio
ive already got them though and for some reason ZoneAlarm wont install as it says it cant find vsmon.dll whatever this means.
Thanks

Yes if these kinds of things are happening to your PC then you will most certainly need to reinstall Windows....but not from the Windows GUI! Make sure you buy the bootable CD.

AMD, have you recently upgraded your RAM?

Yeah ive upgraded it from 256mb to 512 why would this cause problems?
its made my comp quite fast.

Yes, you computer might be faster but 9 out of 10 times you will buy a bad chip -- happened to me just yesterday. It's usually a problem like this, if it's not spyware or viruses or BIOS settings and the like. Try taking the just added RAM chip out and playing around on your PC, then tell me the results.

hello again

i took out the added memory and booted windows but its still the same problems and slower
any other recomendations?

From here you should just put the added memory back in the system and back up everything you need. After that, simply reinstall the OS by buying the bootable CD and inserting it when you first start your computer from a cold boot.

Back
Top Bottom