Flag Burning?

Why don't you burn yourself? Light yourself on fire?

"And frankly arson is burning someone esles property."

It could qualify as burning your own property and causing public disturbances. Quite frankly, anyone who burns tires, flags, or anything in public should be arrested for creating a public disturbance.

ok...im not real educated...but ill try and sound like i am :p ... ok... i think that flag burning should be illegal, you gotta go all the way back to when our country was first made, that constitution was made to keep order and peace, it does that effectively, flag buning is very dissrespectfull and if done in cerian public places often im guessing it could start a riots, fights, and other such public disturbances. this would be a failure of the consitutions idea to keep peace and order b/c of some jackasses need to burn a flag. i mean i don't know but i certianly would start going crazy if someone was running down the street "protesting" and burning the flag...thats just wrong...and if anyone else had any respect and honor for their country would do the same. and when the constitution has a possible error the government makes ammendments that prevent such things, i know we have the freedom of speech and ect but there should be a limit, i think the country should make a law as severe as kicking the offender out of the country. but this is just the ramblings of a 15 year old :D

Alright it is disrecpetful. BUt should it be aganist the law. I say no. There are times when poeple feel the need to send a message to the extreme. ONE WAY IS TO BURN A FLAG. ITS A FORM OF PROTEST. Wheater or not you like it is not the question. Its IS IT ILLEGAL. And I highly doubt arson would qaulitfy here. Burning a flag casues no real danger. And if you say its a risk and someone could get hurt doing it. Well someone could get hit by a car well protesting too? Couldn't thery? Thats a risk. SO just because there are risks involed we ban protests? And become a facist country?

I don't think it is a form of protest. I think it is criminal behavior and is causing a public disturbance. If anything I think people doing it should be arrested for creating a public disturbance. Arson could very well cause a real dangerous. Burning a flag does cause danger, especially to the person who is doing it and surrounding public property.

we aren't banning protests nor are we become a "facist" (SIC) country. In fact just because I'm for a ban of burning flags, does not mean i'm a fascist. That's a little emotionally driven attack and does not qualify as a proper argument.

Well I do. And if this ban happens. I think i'll go buy a flag go to the ploice station and light a flag and sit there and watch it.

Nik00117 said:
Well I do. And if this ban happens. I think i'll go buy a flag go to the ploice station and light a flag and sit there and watch it.

Ok if you want to do something horrifically dumb go ahead. I can't control you. In fact go ahead and be anti-american for all I care.

Yea I am anti-america. America is the only place where all men are created equal and freedom of expression is a promised RIGHT. Also they say serperation of church and state, but yet gays can't marry, they want to ban flag burning. And freedom of speech only goes to the point where you offend someone with more power.

would you rather live in a country that at least says that you have all these freedoms and you do as long as you dont do these certian things or to another country were they kill you for protesting? i mean you really don't have that much to complain about...

Nik00117 said:
Yea I am anti-america. America is the only place where all men are created equal and freedom of expression is a promised RIGHT. Also they say serperation of church and state, but yet gays can't marry, they want to ban flag burning. And freedom of speech only goes to the point where you offend someone with more power.

Look I'm not saying this country is perfect, and I have some issues with the way things are done... however this country is pretty damn good and I know in many European countries you get less rights then you do here. Again burning things is not a freedom of expression. Period. Also yes there is a seperation of church and state no matter the way you want to put it. And as far as I'm concerned, as a gay american, I'll continue to push for gay marriage. I'm hoping soon it'll be legal in California like it is in Massaschusetts.

Freedom of speech is virtually unlimited in this nation. But you can't go saying fire in a theater. That's not freedom of speech. Bush is bashed left and right (or should I say left and left), and you don't see him doing anything to silence these people. In fact they continue to bash him.

You need to look at reality a bit closer.

Back
Top Bottom