Olympics

Re: Olymipics

root said:
London has won the bid...

discuss...

talk about short and sweet!
i think its good, after the success of the commonwealth games in manchester london was in good steed to win.

Hopefully having such a major sporting event coming our way will convince the goverment to do more for our sport in general. Comparing our sports programme with that of other countries (eg australia, usa, etc..) ours is in a different league (a lower one!!).

so with any luck our sporting culture should get a big bonus here.. not to mention the millions of visitors etc that will be coming to watch! pity its not til 2012, so far away!

well... look at it this way...

today the english figurehead of parliment will be celebrating that london has won the vote to host the 2012 olympics...

today the planns to build an olympic stadium will go ahead and be finialised at the cost of many millions of pounds.

(this stadium will get limited use, and will not be an advantage to all people, mostly because not all people are living in london).

today the figurehead of the english parliment will meet with other world leaders to discuss a few million pounds owed by smaller countries...

It will be interesting to see if the debt is dropped,
or if the debts are kept, and a many million pound stadium is built...

I think its bad. It will be the millenium dome all over, its a stupid idea creating this park at a cost of billions just to host the olympics.

Congratulations London, first time since 1948 I believe.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

ole.gif

Giancarlo said:
Eh, I was hoping for Madrid. :(

Spain has just had the Olympics in Barcelona in 1992.

The_Necromancer said:
noooooooooooo, New York, it should be NEW YORK damn damn damn damn. Ohhh well.

The USA has just had the Olympics at Atlanta in 1996, and before that at Los Angeles in 1984.

David Lindon said:
I think its bad. It will be the millenium dome all over, its a stupid idea creating this park at a cost of billions just to host the olympics.

It will be used for more than just the olympics, when that is over, the venues will be converted so the general public can use them, thus benefiting the londoners. Also these facilities can be used by the UK competitors when training...so they can train better and be better athletes...so next time the UK will get more medals and stuff......all because of the olympics
yayyyy, go London. I have seen pictures of what will be the olympic village and the stadium...spectacular. It will really boost the UK tourist trade and the general economy. Good on yer

My father erected a sign outside our house saying "vivre les rosbifs"...taking the micheal out of the french and more specifically Jaques Chirac, as he thought we would never win it. However, my mum told him to remove it (in far more harsh terms than that)

EDIT: yayyy, this is also my 700th post

Back
Top Bottom