Rate My PC

NOFX

Fully Optimized
Seeing you guys give your opinion about another system gave me the idea to see what you think of mine. It cost me about $2300AUD. Im a gamer and here are the specs:

CPU: Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00Ghz (2CPUs)

MOBO: GIGABYTE 875P (FSB 800/Dual Channel DDR400/AGP8X)

RAM: 2x Kingston 512MB PC3200 CL3 184-Pin

GPU: Powercolor ATi Radeon X800pro

HDD: Western Digital 186GB

Case: Thermaltake XaserV WinGo 700

Comments, suggestions all welcome!!!

Hmm, its not a bad system but for the price..
Did you build it or buy it?
The reason I ask is because thats about 1700USD and mine cost me about 1800USD..
Did you get a monitor or speaker system or anything?

Also, building it or buying it from retail makes a difference of price.

All the same, great system.. but I think it should've been cheaper.

lhuser said:
hardware 8/10

OS 0/10. Get windows XP pro

Uhm... why?

Windows xp pro is like $100 more then xp home edition, and the differences really are not worth the extra $100.

EDIT:

Off bestbuy xp home is like $200, and pro is $300.

That's a tad bit too expensive. Okay, more than a tad bit. My new PC cost me 2,000$ and it's a lot better than that, no offense. But that's because I built it, and that's always much cheaper.

usually gamers dont make or buy p4 based systems. half descent computer other than the p4 and AGP slot.

I dont really have much knowledge in computers but i though PCI was bad?

Yeah, PCI is bad, AGP is OK, PCI Express is GOD. You should upgrade to an AMD Athlon64 and PCI Express if you want an AWESOME GAMING MACHINE, but for what it is, that PC isn't bad. You should OC the P4 to 3.6GHz, OC the x800Pro to XT Levels, and get some kick ass cooling on it. Then, then, it would be an EXCELLENT GAMING PC, right now, it is pretty good though.

7/10 CPU (OC it to get an 8.5/10)
5/10 OS (do get XP Pro, it is more stable)
7/10 Graphics Card (OC it to get 8.5, get PCI Express to get a 9-10)
6/10 RAM (Lover CAS Latency would be better!!)
3/10 Hard Drive (WD is HORRIBLE. They are so loud and not reliable.... no offense, but eeek!)
7/10 MOBO (Gigabyte is not known for much, decent quality, bad OCers, and fairly stable, but good prices)

Yeh my WD is quite noisy i can hear it humming from upstairs. Do you mean like a PCI express X900 or whateva. Also why are they better.

Back
Top Bottom