G8 Summit - anarchy

Techy Geek

Daemon Poster
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22649-1680801,00.html
it is truly disgusting what some people call protesting. There is loads of violence and some calls to end capitalism, is this what Geldof calls "making poverty history"...if so then my idea of him being at least a bit honourable will soon disappear. These people deserve to be shot, that "peaceful protest" most certainly wasn't peaceful
Is anyone going to Edinborough (<<<cant spell...is that right).

Capitalism gives them jobs. If they want to protest, great they can go protest. I don't think they should be shot (even though in that nation state I'm operating they most likely would be), but most certainly they need to undergo high school level classes to understand what capitalism really is. Capitalism gives them luxury, wealth and freedom.

Giancarlo said:
Capitalism gives them jobs. If they want to protest, great they can go protest. I don't think they should be shot (even though in that nation state I'm operating they most likely would be), but most certainly they need to undergo high school level classes to understand what capitalism really is. Capitalism gives them luxury, wealth and freedom.
Well said.

Thats interesting, I think these protesters say that it was peaceful when it was not...fancy chucking a chair at a young child...barbarians. apparently they were supposed to announce the protest, but they did not....naughty. that is why the police intervened. at the end of the day, protesters = wrong, police = right
Contrary to what I may have said, geldof did not endorse the voilent protests
what about this for peaceful
http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/picture/0,,211202,00.jpg
dunno if it works

Its a good idea, and should be passed, but the protesters are just a unhc of crazed hippys. In the best socialty people would have excelent rights and capitalisum would be allowed to prosphere but regualted.

Putting too much arbitrary regulation on capitalism could lead to future economic problems. That's why the Reagan adminstration got rid of much of the restraints FDR put on the economy during the 1930s (these were still in effect too and they were weighing down the economy).

personally I think that *most* of the G8 protestors do not actually understand what the G8 is all about...

it's not about capitalism, it's about the worlds 8 richest countries discussing world economic problems,
Such as world poverty/third world debt
and environmental problems and the possible solutions.

people called for the disbanndment of the G8 don't fully understand what it is for or what it is about...

IMHO Bob Geldoff prancing around africa in a brilliant white 4x4 does nothing to help or educate people either here or there.

root said:
personally I think that *most* of the G8 protestors do not actually understand what the G8 is all about...

it's not about capitalism, it's about the worlds 8 richest countries discussing world economic problems,
Such as world poverty/third world debt
and environmental problems and the possible solutions.

people called for the disbanndment of the G8 don't fully understand what it is for or what it is about...

IMHO Bob Geldoff prancing around africa in a brilliant white 4x4 does nothing to help or educate people either here or there.

amen to that!

Back
Top Bottom