Flag Burning?

The_Necromancer said:
The flag is just a flag, it has no real value, that is important is the constiturion, you can burn the flag all you want but the constitution in itself, is the important part

The flag is an important symbol, it just isn't a flag.

I take a peice of cardboard and roll it up, and put a handkercheif in it. Then i light the handkercheif and it burns, but the paper it still intact. Now you may think this is a silly magic trick but what if instead of a meaningless peice of cloth, i used something that was nothing BUT meaning, "The Flag", In its full glory it hits the first glimers or the moring sun, and shines like a light in dark places, and what if instead of a peice paper cardboard i used a peice of paper what was our most important peice of paper. The Bill of Rights, this paper garrentiees not only the poeple on this Forum but the Whole US of A Natural rights, and my personal favorate the First admendment which garrentiees Freedom of speak. Now I roll the flag up in the constitution and light it, now the flag may be gone but the Constitution remains.

"In The Room"
The West Wing

watch it!!!!!!!!!

Its a sign of protesting. Its distasteful. But then again which one of us has the right to say you can do this and you can't do this even though it don't physically affect us. The flag is a symbol. but somtimes symbols need to be burned to make a case and point. I'm all 100% free speech. You want to burn a flag then by all means have fun, if you want ot protest then by all means you have the right. Us banning the burning of the flag will be just like china where poeple go to jail for protesting. We have rights and we should hold ourselves above them. When we say you got freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of the press then we should hold ourselves to it. And not go you can do what you wanna do until you hurt some feelings.

This isn't freedom of expression, nor is it freedom of speech. This is just arson. It can damage property and symbols should not ever be burned, especially the flag. It should be illegal. This will not make the US like China. In fact you can still protest, whereas in China you cannot. The law books would just say you cannot burn flags. You can easily protest without burning things. We have rights? Yeah we do. But you can't go burning things.. like freedom of speech ends at yelling fire in a crowded movie theater. It is dangerous and you should be arrested for it.

Well, i still think you should be allowed to do it, its just a symbolic act of protestin,

off topic

Giancarlo said:
Logitech Z-5500 THX 500 WATT system with top quality monster sound cables
-My computer may not be top of the line, but my audio system is. I'm an audiophile-

My bro has those and his PC is set up in the living room ~6 feet from me, and the speakers are surrounding me well the room, They are the Funk Master Flex of Sound, they Kick royal ASS, i love them. Teh Subwoffer is Sweeeeeeet, if you sit on it while its playing "Ratm" it massages you bumm.

Fine but you aren't changing my opinion subject. I think setting things on fire is dangerous. Someone posted a picture of an idiot burning a flag and setting himself on fire.

Umm, does he have monster sound cables hooked up to them? Because i got the latest model that doesn't have built in wires.

YOu mean you got ones that did not come with connecting wires, or are you saying that you got a wireless set?
Edit: NVM he just has 6 channel dircet connect cables , nomal not $$$ cables, does it make a difference should he buy some?

Back
Top Bottom