Please Help Me Out

System Requirements: Intel Pentium III, AMD Athlon or compatible CPU
64MB System Memory or above
CD-ROM

That's the requirements for the video card (6600 GT). Is it compatible with my specs? I'm not for sure.. I have a link up there that shows all my specs for my mobo and i need you opinions on whether my system supports all of this? What memory am I best off with getting?

--Jordon

P.S. Thanks Guys

I don't see why the 6600GT won't be compatible with your specs. It should be ok. The CPU's workload will be freed up when you upgrade to this new video card. I really suggest getting more RAM though.

Alright thanks.. I'm definately adding more RAM. Either another 512MB or take out the old one and put two 512 MB's in there. Dunno.. What would be the simplest? Know any cheap but efficient memory I could buy? What type do I need?

I don't think your motherboard have dual channel capability so that defeats the purpose of having two sticks in there. I would just get one stick of 512MB minimum or 1GB stick for simplicity.

There's three empty slots? So I'm pretty sure I can get two sticks? So, couldn't I just buy another 512 or just a 256? What kind of stick do I need?

Yeah, if you like. Just make sure they're all running at the same speed. It looks like you're using conventional DDR SDRAM so just get like a 512 MB stick of DDR333 SDRAM or more.

I would def say for you to get a new mobo that suports an athlon 64 with pci-e. Cause why waste the money on an agp vid card. PCI-e and the 64 bit computing given only by amd is the future. Right now you are putting money into something that will be completely obsolete soon. I dont just mean second hand obsolete i mean really obsolete due to the comming of longhorn(do you get that its gonna be obsolete?;)) But ya just put the money into an amd.

Well.. If that's the case then I may just need to get a new computer. So, what's a great build for a computer? Or should I just make a new Thread for this? :( Thanks anyways for your help on this guys.

---Jordon

Back
Top Bottom