I Need Ur Feedback Plz!

watermelon

Baseband Member
hey guys just wondering whats better

p4 HT ( hyper threading ) 3.00ghz with 1gig of ram

or AMD 64 bit 1.50ghz with 512ram

i am guessing the p4 is about 5 times better

not at all. The AMD is a 64 bit processor. 64bit computing is the future. That pentium isnt going to last long. IM assumint you are talking about a 1500 if they even make them that low or is it something else because for example the 2400 doesnt clock at 2.4 it clocks lower. Give us the numbrers. No matter what still get the amd. Amd is the future and their processors are way better and much cheaper. Pentiums have something that the info has to pass through before it goes to the ram where amd doesnt have something like that the info goes straight to the ram meaning much faster speeds.

Speed isn't always the way to go. AMD processors are more efficient which is why they run at a slower clock speed.

Well according to reviews by so many computer magazines, the AMD Athlon 64 does a pretty good job and in fact, performs better overall compared to the P4 HT. I would get on the 64-bit bandwagon with AMD and not Intel.

Wait are you guys INSANE? I mean not only is it a FACT that a 1.5 ghz amd 64 with 512 of ram is worse than p4 3.0 ghz with 1 gig but HOLY ****, WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!

I admit that AMD has literally obliterated Intel and now AMD is god of microchips, but look at it guys...

64 1.5ghz + 512
HT 3.0ghz + 1024

............dude seriously, I love you guys and AMD does own Intel but in this deal the Pentium 4 deal beats the AMD one.

BanChan has a pretty good point no matter how good the 64 bit is it's just not going to be able to match to something that is over double it's speed; that's just being stupid.

Back
Top Bottom